Friday, February 23, 2007

Big Surprise

So now I'm sick. I've got the bursting-head-uncontrollable-cough-runny-nose-just-let-me-curl-up-in-a-ball-and-die kind of cold.

Unfortunately, it's Friday.

You see, I really don't mind if I get sick during the week. Unless I"ve got some vital meeting or critical project I have to complete, a fever or uncontrollable cough Monday through Friday means a day on the couch, alone. I line up the coffee table with my remote control, magazines, books, the phone, some tea, a box of Kleenex and some snacks. The cats curl up nearby and together we catch up on our Tivo, Oprah, Ellen, and whatever 80s movie is showing on TNT. A sick day during the week can sometimes be a welcome relief from the hectic pace of our lives.

But this time my timing is all off. Sure, I felt it coming earlier in the week, but I soldiered on, taking Nyquil at night and feeling better by day. But today - Friday - it hit me about 10 a.m. that I was, in fact, quite ill. I made it through my mid-day meeting and came home for a little couch time, but by the time I got home there wasn't much left.

I have to get the kids at 5, and then the weekend begins - and as all parents know, there's no time for being sick on the weekend.

Saturdays and Sundays are flurries of activity. We usually do some blend of trips to the grocery store, Target, the mall, and dinner at one of a handful of kid-friendly places with lots of quality time at home playing trains, reading stories, chasing the kids around and watching one of Owen's favorite movies.

There is, truly, no time to be sick.

Dave and I try to cover for each other as best we can when one of us falls ill on the weekend, but it's tough. Our house is on one floor, our bedroom is right off the playroom and our door doesnt' stay closed. So no matter how hard we try to sleep late or hide beneath the covers, Owen and Jake always find us.

So I'm off to load up on Robitussin, stuff my pockets with Kleenex and hope for the best. With a little luck, maybe I can hold the worst of this off until Monday when I can stay home and really be sick.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am reading this article second time today, you have to be more careful with content leakers. If I will fount it again I will send you a link

Anonymous said...

I really like when people are expressing their opinion and thought. So I like the way you are writing

Anonymous said...

[url=http://seghan.ru/go.php?sid=2][img]http://banners.servized.com/current/gif/tam_720x90_1.gif[/img][/url]

[url=http://old-drugstore.net/]What is/are Zovirax Tablets?[/url]
What are acyclovir tablets or capsules?
ACYCLOVIR (Zovirax®) treats unerring types of viral infections, specifically herpes infections. Acyclovir
will not panacea herpes infections; it will cure the sores restore faster and workers to release the torment or discomfort.
Every once in a while acyclovir is conceded to helper bar the infection from coming back. Acyclovir also treats shingles
and chickenpox infections. Generic acyclovir tablets and capsules are available.

What should I communicate my healthiness mindfulness provider before I gain possession of this medicine?
They need to differentiate if you have planned any of these conditions:

•dehydration
•neurological condition
•kidney disorder
•seizures (convulsions)
•an unusual or allergic retaliation to acyclovir, ganciclovir, valacyclovir, valganciclovir, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
•expectant or trying to receive in the pudding club
•breast-feeding



[url=http://best-drugstore.aoaoaxxx.ru/][img]http://i079.radikal.ru/0910/b9/3f666eb40896.jpg[/img][/url]
























[url= ]Zovirax samplewhat is Zovirax [/url]
best Zovirax pricetropocer contra Zovirax
[url= ]Zovirax for orderZovirax cheap [/url]
Zovirax 20mgtaking and Zovirax together
[url= ]free Zoviraxcheapest Zovirax generic [/url]
Zovirax vsZovirax taladafil cheap
[url= ]liquid Zoviraxcanada Zovirax [/url]
medicament Zovirax le moins cher du marcheZovirax levitra
[url= ]Zovirax midicamentimpotence drug Zovirax [/url]
Zovirax 20 mgZovirax vs vs levitra
[url= ]Zovirax dosageZovirax india [/url]
Zovirax free sampleZovirax samples
[url= ]Zovirax soft tabslilly Zovirax [/url]
Zovirax oralZovirax no sense of passion
[url= ]Zovirax india pharmacyZovirax on line [/url]
free samples of ZoviraxZovirax effetti
[url= ]versus Zoviraxwhere to buy Zovirax [/url]
cheapest ZoviraxZovirax and levitra
[url= ]Zovirax 10mgZovirax one day [/url]
overdosing on ZoviraxZovirax generico