Thursday, March 1, 2007

So, Get This

Now I have pinkeye. And a sinus infection. Isn't that funny?

In the absolute, most absurd sense of the word, I guess it kind of is.

I spend so much time making sure my kids are healthy that I kind of disregard my own symptoms. Sure I complain about them to poor Dave, but that whole whole mother guilt thing keeps me going, unless I have vertigo, a high fever or something completely debilitating. I stuff my pockets with drugs and tissues, chew food I can't really taste and keep putting one foot in front of the other.

It's hard to argue that I should do anything else. I've taken so much time from work to stay home with sick kids that the idea of staying home because I'm sick has never crossed my mind.

Yet, here I am, armed with two prescriptions for antibiotics, and a doctor who just tsk-tsked me for not coming to see him sooner.

Yeah, it's kind of funny.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh. I just got over a sinus infection. Get some rest -- easier said than done, I realize.

David Guarino said...

But she's still beautiful.